June 4, 2021 Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is providing a COVID-19 vaccine community newsletter in Washoe County to help educate residents on the mass vaccination effort by the COVID-19 Response Team and community partners. This will be the last weekly edition of the newsletter; however, the general public is still encouraged to get their COVID-19 vaccine and follow the Washoe County COVID-19 Dashboard and State COVID-19 Dashboard for updated COVID-19 information. Important COVID-19 updates will continue to be distributed on social media and to those who are signed up for the COVID-19 updates.
Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
Providers in Washoe County have administered 419,980 COVID-19 vaccines overall (202,555 fully vaccinated). Visit the State of Nevada’s vaccine dashboard to see more. All Nevadans 12 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Nearly 50% of Washoe County residents over the age of 12 have completed their vaccinations.
As a reminder, as of June 1, there are no social distancing requirements and no restrictions on private gatherings in Washoe County. See more here.
Appointments and Drive-Ups Accepted at Washoe County Health District Vaccination POD
Schedule an appointment by going to this link or call 775-328-2427. Appointments are not required but they are recommended to speed up the process to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Only the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is approved for ages 12-17.
Upcoming, free, COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics – appointments are recommended:
- Reno Aces Home Games – Community Health Alliance will offer vaccines while attending a game
- Every Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Community Health Alliance Mobile Van Clinic at Dolan Dodge Ram FIAT, 757 Kietzke Lane
- Every Thursday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Community Health Alliance Mobile Van Clinic at Peppermill Resort Casino,
- June 4, 1 p.m. — 6 p.m. – Alamo Truck Stop, 1950 E. Greg St. First come, first served.
- Alamo is offering $15 of free gaming play to anyone showing proof of vaccination.
- June 5, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Community Health Alliance Mobile Van Clinic at Hug High School, 2880 Sutro St.
- June 14, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Community Health Alliance Mobile Van Clinic at Carniceria Los Amigos, Inc., 673 3. Moana Ln.
- June 17, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Great Basin Brewery Community POD, 846 Victorian Avenue, Sparks
- June 19, 12 p.m. — 3 p.m. – Juneteenth Celebration at Dick Taylor Park, 1140 Beech St.
Retail Pharmacy Providers:
Check with each resource individually, and often. These are appointment availabilities are separate from using the Washoe County Health District scheduling tool above.
- Smith’s – Click here for more information or call 1-800-576-4377
- Walgreens – Click here for more information or call 1–800–925–4733
- Walmart – Click here for more information
- Sam’s Club – Click here for more information
- Safeway – Click here for more information
- Save Mart – Click here for more information
- CVS – Click here for more information
- Community Health Alliance – Click here for more information or call 775-336-3035
- VA Hospital – Click here for more information or call 775-786-7200
Homebound vaccine appointments available
The Washoe County Health District is providing COVID-19 vaccines to homebound residents.
People age 12 years and older who are homebound, including those who require a taxing effort to leave home, require assistance of another to leave the house or are bedridden, can call 775-328-2427 or email email@example.com to sign up.
The Second Dose is Important!
Please do not skip the second dose of your vaccine. Your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine gives you more protection than just having the first. Research shows that you are 94% likely to NOT be hospitalized should you get COVID-19 after you’ve been vaccinated, but only if you’ve received both doses. Those who have only received the first dose, are only 60% likely to not be hospitalized.
For all COVID-19 Vaccine questions, please visit our regional website, www.COVID19WashoeVaccine.com.
Please share: If you know of someone who wants to receive this newsletter, pass along the link to sign up. https://covid19washoe.com/signup/
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.