May 21, 2021 Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is providing a COVID-19 vaccine community newsletter in Washoe County to help educate residents on the mass vaccination effort by the COVID-19 Response Team and community partners.
Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
Providers in Washoe County have administered 397,947 COVID-19 vaccines overall (188,278 fully vaccinated). Visit the State of Nevada’s vaccine dashboard to see more. All Nevadans 12 years and older now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Over 45 percent of Washoe County residents over the age of 12 are fully vaccinated.
3 simple rules to follow regarding the updated mask mandates
- If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer have to wear a mask, indoors or outdoors.
- If you have not been vaccinated, you are still required to wear a mask indoors.
- If a business asks that you still wear a mask when visiting them, please respect their rules.
Appointments and Drive-Ups Accepted at Washoe County Health District Vaccination POD
Schedule an appointment by going to this link or call 775-328-2427. Appointments are not required but they are recommended to speed up the process to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Only the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is approved for ages 12-17.
Upcoming, free, COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics – appointments are recommended:
- Reno Aces Home Games – Community Health Alliance will offer vaccines while attending a game
- Every Wednesday – Community Health Alliance Mobile Van Clinic at Dolan Dodge Ram FIAT, 757 Kietzke Lane
- Sunday, May 23, 8 a.m. – 2p.m. – Holy Cross Catholic Church, 5650 Vista Blvd. First come, first served.
- Friday, May 28, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday, May 29, 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Little Flower Church at 875 E. Plumb Ln.
- June 4, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Alamo Truck Stop, 1950 E. Greg St. First come, first served.
Retail Pharmacy Providers:
Check with each resource individually, and often. These are appointment availabilities are separate from using the Washoe County Health District scheduling tool above.
- Smith’s – Click here for more information or call 1-800-576-4377
- Walgreens – Click here for more information or call 1–800–925–4733
- Walmart – Click here for more information
- Sam’s Club – Click here for more information
- Safeway – Click here for more information
- Save Mart – Click here for more information
- CVS – Click here for more information
- Renown Health – Sign up for MyChartor call 775-982-2781
- Community Health Alliance – Click here for more information or call 775-336-3035
- VA Hospital – Click here for more information or call 775-786-7200
Homebound vaccine appointments available
The Washoe County Health District is providing COVID-19 vaccines to homebound residents.
People age 12 years and older who are homebound, including those who require a taxing effort to leave home, require assistance of another to leave the house or are bedridden, can call 775-328-2427 or email email@example.com to sign up.
The Second Dose is Important!
Please do not skip the second dose of your vaccine. Your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine gives you more protection than just having the first. Research shows that you are 94% likely to NOT be hospitalized should you get COVID-19 after you’ve been vaccinated, but only if you’ve received both doses. Those who have only received the first dose, are only 60% likely to not be hospitalized.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses. The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine only requires one dose.
For all COVID-19 Vaccine questions, please visit our regional website, www.COVID19WashoeVaccine.com.
Please share: If you know of someone who wants to receive this newsletter, pass along the link to sign up. https://covid19washoe.com/signup/
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.