Most Washoe County administrative offices will be closed on New Year’s Day, January 1, 2021. The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries remain closed due to COVID restrictions. Book drops will be open.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office – all administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire & Rescue – 3663 Barron Way administrative office
- Washoe County Health District – COVID-19 testing and call center will be closed
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations
The following county offices will be open:
The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for fictitious firm names and notary bond filings. Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. Appointments can be made on their website.